Have you noticed that in the digital era is more difficult to achieve visibility and get new clients for your company? You are not alone, it happens to most businesses. That is why, Lexington suggests you to work closely with influencers, who will become best promoters to spread your business’ offering enlarging your area of influence. They will act as your spokesperson to reach more users showing to leads the benefits of your services or products.
But, what is an influencer?
An influencer is a highly regarded expert in the digital world with great doses of persuasion who has became an opinion leader. They have outstanding communication skills and quite enough knowledge about social media. On top of that, they are experts in one or various industry sectors. Thanks to her/his communication abilities and creativity they reach many followers. With all that, her/his popularity becomes the best ally for your brand, reaching a great audience who respect every message that she/he shares.
When looking for best promoters for your firm, there are several factors you should take into account. Key characteristics that a promoter should have are:
– Alignment with your company values. Some type of connection should exist between your brand and the influencer, so her/his communications reach your business’ appropriate target.
– Influencer should share quality content: images, videos and text edited with accuracy and creativity, to catch audience attention.
– A good influencer should show a great deal of interaction with her/his followers.
What are the 3 basic steps to follow when deciding who could be your influencer so to start working with her/him?
1. Identify and prepare a list with best-known influencers who are aligned with your company values. Tools such as Kred, Klout and Peerindex can help you with the first search. Because results from these programs are based on algorithms, you should refine your search, analyzing the profiles found one by one.
2. Monitor your selected list: follow them every day, analyze their publications (type of language, the tone, quality of images) and also ask yourself if their followers could become potential customers of your brand.
3. Get in contact with 10 influencers from the list mentioned above. Let her/him know your interest, that you are following her/him for a while, explain to her/him the values of your company and how you think they match with her/his profile and suggest some possible collaborations.
If you manage to catch the attention of one or more influencers you will see how the visibility and the positioning of your company improve. Besides, thanks to her/his messages about your brand, more people will get to know your company and your reputation, online and offline, will get better. And last but not least, counting with a favourable opinion of one expert in the field will allow your company to differentiate and get a competitive advantage above your competitors.
Influencers’ strategy is based on the traditional “by word of mouth” brought to the digital world, reaching much wider spreading rates.
“A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well”, Jeff Bezos