You manage to relax during holidays, switch off, have fun and enjoy some days with family and friends. But now the scariest moment comes: back to work. If you fear that moment, here we share 9 tips to make it easier for you:
1. First and most important: stay optimist. Realise how lucky you are because not everyone is able to count with summer holidays. Our wise tip: instead of complaining, try to focus on the great time you had and how much it helped you to disconnect, relax and charge batteries. Stay positive and try to enjoy every moment with your colleagues, every achievement and task you carry out.
2. Use being back to work to set new goals and objectives. All the energy you gain during the break will help you to achieve them. To increase your motivation and performance, set an schedule to accomplish the tasks so you will be able to work more relaxed.
3. You better stick to the attitude “shape up or ship out”: re-organize and customize your work space. Replacing old pictures with new ones from the holidays, putting things in different places or hanging new postcards will help you to see your workspace in a different way and have more energy to cope with the work hours, since your mind will associate it with a renovated and fresh space.
4. Planning, your best ally. Coming back to work is the best moment to re-organize your usual planning. Any tips to improve that planning? Use a calendar and place the tasks based on their priority. Start the day with the tasks you like the most and alternate them with the ones you feel less like doing them. And remember: “do not leave till tomorrow what you can do today”.
5. Move: avoid sitting the whole day and look for reasons to walk around the office. Any excuse is good: meetings with clients, brainstorming sessions with colleagues, team work, etc. Lexington promotes that movement with a wide range of different set-ups for meeting rooms and offices, offering you a more flexible and nicer workspace.
6. As Greeks use to say: “Mens sana in corpore sano”. It is very important for your mental and physical health to stay active. Practising sports in the best antidote to fight stress and be in a good mood, therefore improving your performance.
7. Keep a healthy and balanced diet: following the Mediterranean diet standards will help you to be in a good mood, improving your motivation and productivity.
8. Follow the 8 hours rule: it is very important for you to sleep well and rest at least 8 hours. Although it might seem difficult at the beginning, if you manage to organize yourself, you will be able to do it for sure.
9. Coming back to work is hard but it is not the end of the World: Continue with your social life and plans: go for a walk, meet your friends for a drink and plan some weekend breaks. To stay active socially speaking is a way to switch off from work.
“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure”, Colin Powell